Wednesday 10 August 2011

Tomatoes..

My daughter gave me some tomato seeds on her last visit here, and they seem to be growing OK so far...:D

Well, having tickled the tomato flowers with a paintbrush to spread the pollen about to cross fertilize them, ( I only grew then in the greenhouse in the UK and don't know if the bees/insects do it here or not) We seem to have at least two tiny tomatoes growing on the vine.
I have been offered lots of advice from the Spanish neighbours who are very interested in their progress so far.. Also my method of winding the vines around some string to keep them upright instead of using canes.
Still stirring the Bonsai seeds in the fridge...

and doing lots of watering during the evening when the sun has gone down to keep the plants alive..

No comments:

Post a Comment