Sunday 16 October 2011

Having fun

I have been a busy bee this week. firstly, on Thursday, I had my first try at weaving esparto grass.
The class was taught by an old man called Pepe, who was very patient with all of the new learners.
The grass was hard to manipulate at first, and reminded me of braiding the denim I used for the rug I made last year, but by the end of the lesson, we all managed to have a presentable piece of braid. I need to now buy some grass from the ferreteria (hardware store) to carry on braiding.
Esparto grass braid so far..

More wine glass charms in a black/white theme for a friend

Anothe view of the esparto grass braid
 It is another lovely sunny morning here and later on I will begin to paint some more watercolours to sell at the Market next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment