Friday 13 January 2012

Esparto grass handle..

Yesterday was esparto grass weaving..
I was very pleased that the main basket was finished.
I was learning how to make a plaited cord to make a handle for the basket.
This is a also a five strand plait, but the esparto grass strands are twisted to make the cord stronger.
You can see the difference in this photo
 The plait is then trimmed with scissors to make it neat.
I may get to complete the basket next week or the week after I hope.
Here is a picture of the Christmas cactus on the windowsill, which is just about to flower.
It is very special to me as I got the original cutting from either my grandmother or Dave's mother, and due to the sun here I nearly lost it the year before last (it was far too hot for it) but it is now doing well. Our daughter also has a cutting back in the UK

No comments:

Post a Comment