Friday 10 February 2012

Repairs

I have been doing some clothing repairs for a couple of friends.
The first one was to replace a zip on a pair of dressy trousers. I had to send to the UK for the correct size zip and sewed it in yesterday
It was only 10 cm long...

Followed by a repair to a dress that has a few crochet cut out designs. I had to choose the nearest matching crochet cotton and then re-crochet the design, The colour of this photo has not turned out too well, but looks ok in reality.
I also went to my first meeting of 'Competa Art' last night with the view to becoming a member, having e-mailed the website manager for information the day before.
I guess it was fate that working when I was invited to the meeting that was going to be held the day after  sent the mail !!!
This group is composed of artists who live in or near the village.
Thanks to all my friends who suggested I join...

No comments:

Post a Comment