Tuesday 24 July 2012

Mini Holiday


A very busy week ...
Our lovely daughter who came over to visit was given a gorgeous engagement ring by her fiance (she had already proposed to him on February 29th) Congratulations to you both :D
The hubby and I took the opportunity whilst the feria was on here in Competa to take a mini break in the nearby seaside resort of Torre del Mar, which we both thoroughly enjoyed, and left the youngsters to party into the early hours/next morning...
We returned yesterday afternoon, and after a couple of hours in the house, I went to the knitting/crochet club where we ladies spent a lovely couple of hours. I have volunteered to try and translate a crochet pattern into Spanish or make a chart that is easily followed in any language...I will definately need the dictionary, but will learn some new words too!!
Today, I have been knitting, but this will be a present so I don't want to spoil it. and also re-vamping some ornamental pots I bought
The one on the left is the original joined with some nylon cord and the right  hand one shows the beginning of the macrame and wooden bead connection
This shows the top half of the finished revamp

and this is the rest... It looks lovely and has made a n addition to the decor  in the dining room

No comments:

Post a Comment