Thursday 29 August 2013

Patchwork quilt presentation and thank you

The ladies of the Competa patchwork club met yesterday to present the winner of the beautiful quilt Immaculada, made by the sister (Innocencia Dona) of our teacher (Dolores Dona).
We met in Bar Fernand's and took lots of photos of the event.
I was very pleased, as I was the only foreigner able to attend, to be able to follow and contribute to the conversations in Spanish, as I am now aware how many mistakes I make,
At first I found this a bit off putting as I was very nervous of making a fool of myself, but all my friends are correcting  me when I do, and I am now speaking with a bit of confidence.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has shown an interest in my blog and popped in to visit, taking the pageviews to over 20,000...
I am amazed that so many people from all over the world are interested in my life and hobbies here in the wonderful village of Competa.

No comments:

Post a Comment