Friday 24 January 2014

Belen and patchwork bag

I continued with my Belen ( or nativity) knitted project which I have called knitivity.. ha ha
I have included Mary, Joseph, the angel Gabriel a donkey ( in spanish colours) and a sheep so far, which I have really enjoyed making. Making up the donkey and sheep pattern as I went along
The original body patterns were from a really old edition of the woman's weekly magazine.
The original patterns were meant for  a tree but one of the knitting class ladies has suggested velcro dots to make them stand up which seems to be an excellent idea. Possibly knitting a stable later on?
Patchwork classes are continuing and we have been making more bags from kits including this appliquéd one from kits our teacher had bought.
I have added the wrist strap to mine which was not on the original pattern, but I like it more and think it makes it more useable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment