Sunday 2 February 2014

Little quilted bags

We had been given a bag kit in our patchwork class here in Còmpeta. So I began to cut out the material on Tuesday. The ladies discussed going on a mini cruise from Malaga to Barcelona, staying on board for a couple of nights, and staying in an hotel for the final night. As the trip fell on Dave's birthday, I waited until I had spoken to him before agreeing to go.. but am now looking forward to the trip at the end of April.
Because I fancied a change from knitting yesterday, I decided to continue with the bag.
The instructions were in japanese, with a bit of english thrown in, but thanks to the very clear diagrams, I managed to finish the rabbit bag first, which looked very cute.
Because I had been economical in cutting out, I had enough material to make the outsides of another bag. My friend Magny had shown me similar bags with cats and dogs on the front, and I made a dog ( smaller ears) adding a bone instead of the carrot.
Here is a picture of them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment