Thursday 13 December 2012

Watercolour and knitting

The knitting club proved to be busy on Monday, one lady, who is making a poncho for her grand daughter, had knitted too much on one side, and unfortunately we had to pull a bit out to make it into a square, but I think it will work now. (we did not have a pattern for this)...and then we grafted the stitches of both sides together so the seam would be invisible.
Another girl was trying to follow a chart for crochet to make a scarf, which we managed to sort, while another girl was mastering the art of making granny squares.
I have been busily painting views of the tower to complete an order.
 The layers of watercolour are taking a while to dry
 As you can see, the nature of the paint makes each one totally different, and I will be doing a bit more work to complete them both.
To relax in front of the television, I have begun to knit an Aran tunic for myself, complicating the patterning by using a different centre for the middle panel. I intend to make it quite close fitting, with raglan type sleeves, and a cosy polo/cowl neckline. This is the back, and I just need to decide if I want pockets in the front or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment