Sunday 10 March 2013

Knitting, sewing, painting and a merienda...

Friday was international ladies day.
To celebrate here in Competa, the ladies of the village decided to display all of their old wedding dresses, dating from over forty years ago. Previous to this date, we were told that the ladies usually could not afford special dresses to be married in, and usually just wore their 'Sunday best'.
I think that over 30 dresses were modelled by the younger ladies in the village, and the hall was packed for the event.
It was wonderful to see all the different styles of dresses, all introduced by the 'Alcalde' (local Mayor).
This was followed by a merienda, where we were all offered chocolate and freshly made churros mmm...
It was a wonderful photo opportunity, but unfortunately I was at the back of the hall, and my photographic skills with the new phone were sadly lacking...
So I have been practising...
I have begun to knit a lacy cowl for a friend, it has a pattern of a fan and is knitted on a circular needle.
Once I eventually read the pattern correctly, it is knitting up very quickly, using a chart is so much easier than reading instructions.
Here is an example of the lacy pattern

A different view of the church tower
I also started another view of the church tower, but as it has been raining here, I have had to delay if a bit until the light is better
and here is another dog I have made for my friend's new grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment