Wednesday 16 January 2013

Sewing machine cover and knitting

The collar of my Aran jumper is almost finished... it is being knitted on a circular needle and despite making the pattern up myself it seems to be turning out allright so far. I took it to the first knitting club meeting of the new year, on Monday, and managed to knit a bit of it there.
All of the ladies were either knitting or crocheting things that they wanted to make, and they all are working hard.
The main cable pattern was from a Debbie Bliss book, but the rest of the jumper was a Sirdar design., which I decided to use as I wanted raglan sleeves this time.

here is a close up of the collar so far..


 I was also busy doing a bit of sewing ... here is the sewing machine cover so far.. complete with applique that needs sewing. I still have to do the sides and line it with wadding and quilt it too!
 I also was at the patchwork class yesterday, Tuesday, where the ladies were making needle cases using applique and patchwork, hopefully to sell for charity.
See Competapatchworkgroup.es
With selling handmade goods in mind, our teacher, Dolores has asked me to draw a flamenco dancer that can be appliqued onto placemats, and gave me lots of material, which is in the photo below (donated leftovers from flamenco dresses)....

No comments:

Post a Comment