Thursday 25 April 2013

Patchwork...ish...

My daughter and her fiance loved the watercolour portrait and have asked for a purple/aubergine one for their bedroom wall :D
I also have been trying to make small oblong patchwork stars to go in the corners of the quilt I am making for them... several unsuccessful attempts later they are not quite. right but . the angles of the triangles seem very tricky, and the seams do not want to lie flat/ or open up
I am trying to sew them by machine instead of by hand, which is not as simple as it first appears .. I believe there are several ways to do this but I am just getting confused.....
never mind here is one attempt, you will be able to see the mistakes :D
Tuesday at the patchwork class Rosa brought in her bedspread that she had crocheted many years ago to show me.. it is beautiful, and enormous. I took several of the ladies to help to open it up so we could see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment