Tuesday 9 April 2013

Warmer weather, knitting and patchwork

The weather seem to be finally warming up here in Andalucia. 19 degrees today.
Knitting and crochet class was nice yesterday, where I was working out the patterns for a couple of the ladies.
The background material arrived via the local shop for the quilt I am going to start.
I gave the girl a couple of material swatches and told her what sort of thing I was looking for and the service could not have been better. She went to Malaga, and came back with three bits of material to choose from. They were all very nice and I had a bit of a dilemma selecting just one!
So patchwork class tonight saw me finally cutting out the vast majority of the bits to sew together.
I left the very large quarter triangle squares until the last minute to make sure they do not stretch.
Having cut the material out, I came back home early, as I really wanted to sew the quilt top on my own machine, which was a leaving present from all the lovely people I used to work with.
So guess what I will be doing???
Pictures to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment