Thursday 30 May 2013

Quilt assembly

Tuesday, during patchwork class, the ladies of the Competa patchwork club helped me to assemble the quilt I am making.
I was very glad that it had passed muster from the class teacher.
 After we had mopped the floor, the backing material was laid flat and stuck down with parcel tape. This was then made into a 'sandwich' of bamboo wadding material and finally the quilt top was placed onto the floor.
 Here is a photo of my friends Marie and Auxiliadora who were part of the team helping to tack the sandwich together ready to be quilted. Dolores was also kind enough to provide tips on quilting designs.
And here is part of the quilt top being assembled by Loli, which will look lovely too.
Last night Dave and I attended a double celebration for our friends, who were having a party for friends and family, marking his 75th birthday and their golden wedding anniversary, and today I was playing Spanish scrabble in the square with a couple of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment