Sunday 16 September 2012

Basketweaving, crochet butterflies and seedlings

The charity shop had a craft book about basket making for beginners, so finding it so interesting, I played with some stronger grass I do not know the name of and some esparto yesterday and soaked it overnight to make pliable.
This is the reverse view the different grass is greener and rounder than the esparto, and had to be soaked overnight to get it to bend so I could thread it through the weave. It will be trimmed once it has dried.

And this is the right side, as it got bigger, I had to coil the esparto to try and keep it together to weave.
Then, whilst sitting in the shade this afternoon, I made a couple of crochet butterflies for a friend..one in shades of pink/red and the other in pink/lilac, which she saw online and knew I could make.
Whilst I had the camera out, I couldn't resist taking some photos of these gorgeous baby cyclamen plants that  appeared around the base of a plant, which I carefully pricked out..

Here are a few larger ones I did the other week, they will soon be ready for individual pots...

and this tiny tiny plant was a seed that I collected from my friends bush  (think it is called a bigonia) but I am not sure... Hers is very large...hopefully there will be a few more as I sowed lots of seeds. I also took a lot of plant cuttings which I am hoping will grow roots soon.
They are all sitting in the shade so they will not dry out and shrivel in the hot sun

No comments:

Post a Comment