Thursday 6 September 2012

The Finished Esparto grass vase and knitted lacy cowl

The finished esparto grass covered vase
 This has turned out better than I thought.. It also looks very different from the 'normal' baskets and other things that can be seen around the village. It is now hanging in the dining room.
The cowl I have finished knitting
I also finished the lacy knitted cowl. This was a 'fan' pattern knitted in the round, and was my first try at knitting following a chart for the stitches instead of a written pattern. I found this method to be very very easy to follow, and wonder why the knitting pattern makers do not use this easy method (which could be easily translated into many languages)
I have followed knitting charts in the past, but only for such things as fairisle and intarsia and other motifs

No comments:

Post a Comment