Sunday 30 September 2012

Crochet and other crafts

Last week, the Old patchwork group met up for a reunion to decide what we were going to do for this year.
It was decided to form a separate group from the ladies association here in Competa, so at least we can look forward to learning more patchwork techniques ....I have already paid the subscription fee for this year too...
Anyway, one of the ladies there heard that we also had a crochet knitting group, and that evening brought some crochet to my house to show me, which had been made by her mother, who was well known in the village as a very good crocheter. She told me that this beautiful work was just kept in a cupboard, what a shame.
I loaned a couple of pieces to show the ladies on Monday

they are just gorgeous



And here is my attempt at recreating the motifs
I have also begun another watercolour painting of the church tower here in Competa

They are proving to be very popular as well..
(the more observant may notice that since I last painted this view the  planting has been changed) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment