Sunday 4 November 2012

Applique patchwork

This week, the homework for the patchwork group, led by Dolores, was to stitch around the edges of the cat applique we were doing in the class and then quilt the potholder. We then had to finish the edge with bias binding to make a hook too.
Lola stopped me in the supermarket and asked where the flower and heart motifs were to be placed.
Sadly, I am quite a quick sewer, and managed to finish my cat which looks cute.


 I drew a dog and made my own design, and am busy sewing around the design. I will add some eyes and a nose (the pink bit is the tongue )
Met some friends we have not seen for a while in the Wine museum here in Competa, it was lovely to see them, and catch up on the gossip. The 'MUseo del Vino' was very busy as there was a ladies excursion from Sevilla inside, sampling the local wine and buying locally produced honey and pasas (a type of sultana), so I spent some time chatting to them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment