Wednesday 14 November 2012

The new display board/ new knitting/crochet club member.

Yesterday was the patchwork group meeting, which saw me trying to teach the ladies in my bad Spanish....
As it was a practical class, we managed between us to continue with our applique.
Today, Wednesday, I gave the display board another coat of matt black paint, and it is looking good.

This is the picture that I painted over

Dave and I made sure we measured the board and placed the holes ready for the small cup hooks to hang the jewellery from

Ta da...
Just need the hooks in when it dries. It will be much more secure than the Heath Robinson pinboard that is in use now.
Also today, a Spanish lady called at my house, complete with all her years of knitting and crochet work, asking if she could join our club on Monday. Judging by all her hard work, she could easily be the teacher!
I am hoping that she will be able to help some of the Spanish ladies too whilst my Spanish is improving.
I was very happy to let her know that the club is totally free, as the premises are provided by the town hall, and that she would be very welcome to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment