Saturday 20 October 2012

Improving my photos

This week I have been making a stand I saw on line to try and improve the quality of my close up photos.
This involved taking a cardboard box and cutting slits in the side to enable a sheet of glass to fit in.
the bottom of the box is covered in wrapping paper, and a piece of greasproof paper covers the open end of the box to diffuse the light from a reading lamp.
Using a hole cut into the top of the box, my digital camera is then used in macro mode, and the piece of jewellery is brought into sharp focus...no flash is used.
I have been refining the paper colours and focus, but the initial results look promising
 Then  I began to knit Dave a pair of fingerless gloves on a set of four double pointed needles. Just wish I had not chosen black wool... what was I thinking???
Oh and we both went today to have our eyes tested... will both have trendy new glasses later next week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment