Wednesday 24 October 2012

Knitting crochet and patchwork

Monday ( or knitting/crochet) saw myself and Jan helping the Spanish ladies work out what they were going to knit.
Jan was explaining how to knit an intarsia hounds tooth pattern and had two of the ladies following her every stitch.......
Meanwhile, I was explaining a pattern I was not familiar with to another Spanish lady. We managed in the end with a chart I drew for her to follow the casting off for the armholes and back neck.
I was the called upon to explain a crochet chart for a bolero type summer jacket for another of the ladies..
(phew)..... at least we all managed to understand each other in the end.
Tuesday (the Competa Patchwork Group) saw us making a spectacle case with an applique of a cat face on the front...
Next week I believe we are doing a pot holder (not sure) also with a cat picture....
I had to go and look at the diagrams to work out what was needed....
Our teacher, Dolores has also asked me to run a class to make a scrappy Sleepy fish following the tutorial she found in Moda.... EEK!!! This is written totally in English so it means I will have to translate every thing into Spanish so that I can explain what will be needed to make this during next week's lesson AND also do the class the following week ...... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment