Sunday 3 February 2013

Sewing machine cover so far...

I finished the quilting for the parts of my sewing machine cover, and began to sew them together with bright pink bias binding. I needed several attempts at this.
The sides were larger than I needed, and I had to trim them both to fit, making sure that the patchwork base matched up too !! Then I sewed the bias tape onto the straight edge of the cover by machine.
The next step was to make sure that all the raw edges were incorporated in the second fold of the bias.
Then, unusually for me, I decided to tack it all together so I could take my time and sew it properly.
This was the point when my sewing machine decided to misbehave...GRR... snapping thread... big bits of thread on the reverse side... anyway, several unpickings and a lot of fiddling with the tension later Da Da....the sides are now sewn into position. Oh and just for fun I need some more bias binding for the bottom edge as you can see, and the shop is shut until Tuesday....
Oh well, I'm sure I can think of something else to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment